In recognition of the increased use of cash transfers in humanitarian response and in particular in view of the increased focus on meeting basic needs through multi-sector cash transfer programmes, this role is to build capacity to support the operational delivery of cash transfers. The officer is expected to support on all aspects of setting up operational areas connected to cash delivery mechanisms, food security and livelihoods including budget development, reporting and partner coordination all in compliance with internal policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in social protection and relevant sector coordination including inter-agency cash working groups to promote sharing of information, lesson learnt and identifying opportunities.
- Support strengthening of household economy capacity for overall oversight, management and coordination of cash transfer programs
- Help oversee delivery of regular cash transfers and complementary services throughout the programme, identifying and helping ensure resolution of any problems
- Facilitate the provision of livelihoods kits for agricultural or income generating activities in order to enable the ability to start-up businesses that will strengthen the households economically.
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to identify the beneficiaries’ needs and viable business opportunities, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis on the vulnerable groups.
- Support development of implementation, monitoring and evaluation plan for all activities, as laid out in the plan of action.
- Coordinate activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors and partners.
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of B.Sc in Agriculture, Public Health or other relevant field. A Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Public Health or other relevant field is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Cash Transfer Programming, food security, agriculture, project management and livelihoods in emergency response and recovery.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to represent the programme at National level on in-depth understanding of Cash Transfers Programming as well as engaging with influential stakeholders.
- Good team player with the ability to work under pressure is an asset.
- Driver’s license with at least 2 years driving experience